RESPONSIBLE TO: School Business Manager
Fixed Term role until 31st March 2021 due to COVID-19 additional cleaning requirements; role to be reviewed from 1st April 2021
Key tasks of the post:
- Be responsible for cleaning certain parts of the school site as allocated by the School Business Manager – predominantly all dining areas.
- Use cleaning materials and wear PPE as instructed by the School Business Manager.
- Carry out the following duties:
- Wiping of all dining tables, chairs before, during and after brunch and lunch periods.
- Brushing floors in dining areas.
- Spot cleaning of spillages.
- Wiping other surfaces such as ledges, pipes, paintwork, doors and polishing door glass.
- Collecting and removing rubbish and waste material to authorised disposal points.
- When not covering in the dining areas, to clean and sanitise other areas around school as directed by the School Business Manager.
- Mopping and spray cleaning hard floor surfaces.
- Wiping and polishing and straightening furniture.
- Replenishing supplies in toilets, etc.
- Such other duties as may be allocated from time to time.
- All defects/hazards must be immediately reported to the School Business Manager.
You will maintain Health and Safety procedures at all times:
- Adhere to security and Health and Safety procedures.
- Attend Child Safeguarding training.
- Ensure correct policy and procedures are maintained including Health and Safety COSHH, Manual Handling, etc.
- Only use authorised cleaning materials, ensure the correct dilution rate as directed and used only for the purpose indicated.
- Ensure all PPE issued is worn at all times, including aprons and face coverings.
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified.
Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this Job Description.