Key Worker Information
Dear Parents and Carers,
Following the announcements yesterday (Wed 18/3/20), from Monday (23/3/20) school closures will apply for all pupils except for children of key workers and children considered to be the most vulnerable (this includes any child with an Allocated Social Worker or any child with an Educational Health Care Plan).
Although we do not have clear guidance on the definition of a Key Worker yet (a full list of key worker categories will be published by the Cabinet Office later today or tomorrow), we expect it will include the following:
- Armed Forces Personnel
- Firefighters and other related staff in the Fire and Rescue Services
- Some Local Authority staff (such as Environmental Health Officers etc.)
- NHS workers
- Police Officers, including Community Support Officers and some civilian staff
- Prison Service Staff and Probation Service Staff
- Social Workers, Educational Psychologists and Therapists employed by Local Authorities or NHS
- Some teachers and nursery workers
- Delivery drivers working for a food provider or health care services
- Carers working in the local community
If you are a key worker and would need your child to remain in a school during this Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak (i.e. you do not have alternative options at home to look after your children), we need to know this information as soon as possible and are asking key workers to complete a short survey. Please use the following link to access the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/D9CPMW6
You should only respond to this survey if you are a key worker and would like to be able to send your children to a school in these circumstances. Also, please note that you do not have to take up the offer of a place – we are concerned that numbers will be small, friendship groups will not be together and staff and students remain ‘at risk’, especially if our children with Education Health Care Plans have underlying medical conditions.
If there is a requirement for your child/household to self-isolate, please keep them at home. We will not be able to offer this provision or any alternative.
If you cannot complete the survey online, please phone the school office and provide them with this information.
The school requires this information by 11am on Friday 20th March 2020.
Many thanks again for your support.