Free school meals are changing. Please read.
If you know you are eligible for Free School Meals or think you might be, please be aware that the way you must apply for Free School Meals is changing.
After 31st March 2019 you will no longer be able to apply through the Local Authority.
All Free School Meal applications must be done through the link below. This is available to use from now on:
Apply for Free School Meals…
it's quick and easy, using the online form at:
Do you think you might qualify for Free School Meals?
Your child will be eligible for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:
· Universal Credits
· Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
· Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
· Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
· The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
· Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and
have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does
not exceed £16,190
· Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - the payment someone may receive for a
further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Pupils can qualify for Free School Meals if they get any of these benefits themselves.
Please contact the Finance Office at school if you need advice.
How does it work?
Checking whether you qualify and registering is really quick and easy – do it
online at: https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/sims-wirral/apply
Complete the attached form with the information required and we can do it for
you! Just send it back to the school with your child. (In order to make the
application on your behalf certain information will be required)