Examinations Summer 2021
Summer 2021 Exam Update
At the end of February, the government announced the arrangements for students to achieve their grades this summer. Since Easter, schools and colleges have received more detailed information for each specific course and exam board. We can confirm that all courses to be certified this academic year will be given grades assessed by the work that they have and will complete over the next few months. These grade, which will be submitted to the respective exam boards, are called Teacher Assessed Grades (TAGS).
- We will be using a broad range of evidence, now being referred to as a ‘basket of evidence’, to determine the grades before we submit these to the exam boards by 18th June.
- At school we will be assessing our students’ performance, only on what content has been delivered by their teachers.
- Teachers will determine the grades as late in the academic year as is practicable and this will not be confined to a defined window, to enable teaching to continue for as long as possible.
- Teachers will take a holistic approach when determining final grades and will over the next few months, have a dialogue with students about their current working grades and have the opportunity to do gap assessments. They will NOT however, discuss and share the final grade they will be submitting.
Examination Results days have now been confirmed:
- 10th August for A level exams
- 12th August for GCSE exams. The 12th August will also be Sixth Form Registration day for Year 11 students.
We are working on the finer details of all of these arrangements and will send out further details in the near future, but please be reassured that we will be giving students every opportunity to make sure that their grade is a fair and consistent reflection of their knowledge and performance.
The respective exam boards all have useful information and video updates for both students and parents or legal guardians:
Pearson/Edexcel Support for students, parents and carers. There is also a link on their webpage to sign up to the parents and carers newsletter. https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/campaigns/summer-2021-support/support-for-students-parents-and-carers.html?utm_source=ealertpqb5&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=GBEDGS0121COVID
Rock School/ RSL : Examination Update: COVID-19 - RSL Awards https://www.rslawards.com/examination-update-covid-19/ WJEC/EDUQAS : https://www.wjec.co.uk/home/assessments-2021-get-the-support-you-need/summer-2021-changes-to-assessments/