Free School Meals
Our canteen serves a wide variety of hot and cold snacks and meals at break time and lunchtime.
Here at Hilbre High School Humanities College we operate a cashless catering system. Students are issued with swipe cards that they can top up using machines in our school canteen area.
Free School Meals
You can now apply for free school meals online by completing a short form using the links below. For each successful application, our school receives additional pupil premium funding, which could go towards equipment, resources, trips or uniform discounts.
Am I eligible for Free School Meals?
Your child will be eligible for Free School Meals if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Universal Credits
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Pupils can qualify for Free School Meals if they get any of these benefits themselves.
How does it work?
Checking whether you qualify and registering is really quick and easy – do it
online at: https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/sims-wirral/apply
Complete the attached form with the information required and we can do it for
you! Just send it back to the school with your child. (In order to make the
application on your behalf certain information will be required)
Please contact the Finance Office at school if you need advice.